Sunday 4 July 2010

Current West End Dreamboats & Petticoats Say Goodbye

Sorry it's been a while but as they say sometimes no news is good news...... and While Fran has been busy on the West End I have been busy myself so busy that Last night was the first chance I had to go and See Fran perform.

I had booked the tickets for last night a month or so ago knowing that it was potentially the last night as Fran had told me that was the date that her original contract ran to. I had seen her briefly 2 weeks ago and she was still unsure as to whether or not this would be her last night so it was a night of real anticipation.

After a very hectic day having been up since 5am due to my own Charity fundraising commitments taking place in Royal Victoria Docks that morning I eventually arrived at the theatre very tired and very hot.....with only 10 mins before the start of the show, with family and friends in tow.

We had amazing seats row G smack bang in the centre of the stage, and the show was incredible all the cast were amazing Daisy Wood-Davis who has been Playing Laura from the original tour was sensational as was Fran of course, to be honest you couldn't single out a bad performance from anyone, especially not one of the saxaphone players who managed to sit play the sax be aware of everything going on around her and still play her game of solitaire all at the same time (no joke I swear).

By the end of the show nearly all the theatre were up and dancing along and by this point I new Fran had seen me from a look she gave me which was great as it would mean I would be sure to see her after the show.

Was able to get out the side door and be at stage door within a few minutes of the show ending and waited to see Fran. In doing so discovered that it had been the last night for several of the cast members so was all the more eager to talk to Fran and find out what was going on.

Fran eventually came out and was as lovely as ever and confirmed that it was the last night for all the main roles bar 2 including herself. So we were both pleased that I had finally made it to see the show on the West End.

The Show itself will continue but without the amazing talents that have been performing those roles for 18month in the case of most of the cast which is a real shame but I am sure that they will all have plenty of new offers flooding in and will be filling other theatres before long.

As for what Fran will be up to next we will have to wait and see but I'm sure we will not be left wanting for long even though she is in line for a well deserved break having been working non-stop since she took on the role of the feisty Sue in the tour of Dreamboats and Petticoats last July.

All that remains now is to wish all of the departing cast the best of luck for whatever comes next and to say that if any of the following stars Daisy Wood-Davis, Scott Bruton, or Ben Freeman happen to appear in anything in a theatre near you be sure to go and see it as they will not dissapoint, and stay tuned for further Fran updates as they arrive.

No comments: